Falling in love with fall

I love this time of year!
I probably write about it every year in one way or another, in past blogs, letters to friends and more. I love it that much!

The fall, what a fantastic season. Crystal clear, bright blue skies with extra Golden rays of sunshine filtering down from the sky. There's a chill in the air in the mornings reminding you that the seasons are changing and yet in the afternoon you are hugged by the warmth from the sun and all it's glorious benefits.
It's a time of year when things start returning to schedule, school gets back in session (I miss the days of being a student), for bobsleigh athletes (and skeleton/luge alike) it means you are meer weeks away from team trials and seeing the start of your competitive season.
For those who grew up on the prairies, it's the time of year that there is a distinct "dusty" smell in the air, something grounding and earthy from the combines, swathers and other farm machinery hard at work to reap what they spent all summer sewing.
The fall is the time of year parents return to schedules, changes are known to happen and I fall in love with fall over and over again.

The crunch of the fallen leaves underfoot.
The smell of said leaves slowly decaying, making way for new soil, new earth and replenishing the gardens of the nutrients lost to vegetables grown.
The knowledge that soon another year will come to an end creating the need to make haste on resolutions not yet kept.
The beginnings - school, jobs, sporting seasons and so much more.

I think my biological clock has been predetermined to reset every fall because that's when I feel the most restless, the most anxious and the most ready to tackle new projects. Recently, I've signed up to work with two separate companies, finished (quite excitedly) building my first ever self-coded website, and with no surprise, began blogging again. The excitement of what the new year will bring (I always call the fall the new year, probably because as a child it was - it was a new year of school), the thrill of new adventures to be made and experiences to be had.

I love the fall, absolutely love every aspect of it.

What's your favorite season?



Much love.
Lisa