The Experiment...

A couple weeks ago I posted (on Facebook) about an experiment I was preparing for.














And now it's time for me to make the "experiment" known... It's not really an experiment in the true sense of the word, it's more so a lifestyle challenge for me.

I know that I am heading into a very busy fall (self imposed of course), however that should not be a reason for me to forgo my gym sessions and commitment to staying healthy and strong.
It's no secret I like some of the things the folks at BodyRock.tv are doing (I wouldn't mind if more clothing was worn but that's just me) and I see a whole heck of a lot of their "success photos" posted on online forums like Facebook. It's those photos that have led me to creating this challenge.

To see if the transformations really are as amazing as they look with only 12-15 minutes of fitness a day (and of course a healthy diet). There's no doubt the Tabata style programs work, heck I have my Boot Camp group doing it all the time, but does it work that well when used every single day? And is it for everyone?

I am making this experiment two parts:

Part 1 – Follow BodyRock.tv exercises (starting from their very first collection in 2009) each and every day. If there are exercises that I feel will compromise my structural strength or possibly lead to injury in any way I will replace this with something else I feel is similar in nature.
This will last for one month (4 weeks)

Part 2 - Follow BodyRock.tv exercises (continuing from where I left off) BUT also adding in a scheduled weight training program that will happen twice a week. By this time I will also be playing volleyball in the evenings on Mondays but that's more for fun than fitness.

WHY am I adding two additional weightlifting sessions? Because I am a firm believer in the absolute importance and value of a resistance training program AND I noticed one consistent thing with the "BodyRockers" - their butts seem to be small, and the legs are almost too skinny (in my humble bobsleigh athlete opinion). Plus I honestly really, really, really enjoy lifting heavy weights. It's so satisfying to know that I can back squat over 200lbs with ease and then go do 4' box jumps immediately afterwards unfazed. In short, I will be lifting weights for vanity and enjoyment.

But there could be an offshoot to the additional weight lifting - a better balance in my musculature. After a month of "bodyRocking" I will be able to better identify what muscle groups get little to no attention, what areas could be better developed and so on.

So, how will I measure the results?
I will take before and after photos. Do measurements and thankfully to my new jobs I have access to an electronic system that can determine my muscle to fat ratio. I know that the electronic process won't be 100% accurate however it will be a constant and will give me a close enough idea.

What do I project to see out of this?
In the first month, I think I will see a decreased body fat percentage and possibly leaner legs. Perhaps some more definition in through my abs and maybe a bit leaner through the arms (although my arms are rather lean right now).
After month two, I think I will continue to see some small drops in body fat and hopefully, with the added weightlifting a more balanced look in my musculature and structure.

So for now, I need to take pics and do measurements. Oh and of course weigh myself. All of which I will do in the evening as this will be the time of day that I will weigh in at my heaviest and have a more "bloated" look because, for women especially, we start to retain water through the course of the day. I want to see myself in this light in order to have a better idea of how I look/feel rather than in the morning when I look in the mirror and feel pretty dang awesome because I just fasted for almost 12 hours and am rather dehydrated.

Pics to come.

Much love.
Lisa